I will add that Chipping Sparrow is a regular breeder at several locations
in the City of Littleton, Arapahoe County, the most notable being a
metropulos of Chippers at Littleton Cemetery, where there are many pairs
documented nesting in 2018-2019. About 10 pairs are nesting there this
year. Other sites are along the Prince Street corridor and in adjacent
"mature"  neighborhoods. In these areas of Littleton their favored habitats
is medium to large conifers (pines or spruce) with areas of open grass or
lawn. The more lawn and more conifers, the better. Thus, Littleton Cemetery
is prime and I think unique habitat in Littleton.

Prior to 2018 eBird shows very little evidence of the species in Littleton
in the heart of the local nesting season (June to early July), but it may
be key that Littleton Cemetery was not covered hardly at all in the nesting
season until 2018. Anyway, there is more to the story there.

David Suddjian
Littleton, CO