Sent this response just to Charlie and not the whole clan.  Sorry.

Dave

________________________________
From: DAVID A LEATHERMAN <daleather...@msn.com>
Sent: Friday, August 9, 2019 6:39 PM
To: charlesacha...@gmail.com <charlesacha...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [cobirds] Re: Red Crossbills roaming around

Brandon et al,
During a quick stop right off I-70 at the public gazebo across from the school
in Agate (northeastern Elbert) today to pin up insects collected near Eads
earlier, I had Cassin's Kingbird and Black-headed Grosbeak.  These species
breed in Elbert County but I sort of had the feeling these individuals were
wandering.

I have been in Lamar for the last 11 days but didn't do much birding because of
the heat and potential for chiggers.  Only species I would call a migrant that
I saw down there was Rufous Hummingbird (1m, 1imm).  Expected to at least see
Olive-sided Fly, out of place pewees, maybe an empid or two, maybe Chipping
Sparrow, but nothing.  No Dickcissels, despite checking many hay fields north
of town near Thurston Res.  Orioles were milling about.  Chimney Swifts and
kites still over town.  Yellow Warblers, cardinals and Warbling Vireo were
trying feeble vocalizations at LCC (heard from the road, didn't go into the
jungle).   Did not check the lakes north of town as they are regularly
inventoried these days.

Dave Leatherman
Fort Collins