Hi,

To circle back on my recent post mentioning 445 *White-throated Swifts*
entering a roost at Deer Creek in JeffCo on 10/4. I viewed at evening again
with 3 others for my little DFO field trip on 10/7 and we observed 119
flying into the roost crack, plus another 6 for a count of 125 swifts that
night. This proved to be their last night at the roost. They arrived later
than on previous nights and went almost immediately into the roost, with
all 119 going in over just 2 min. time. I returned on 10/8 but did not see
any swifts at the roost or nearby. And then the storm on 10/9.

Good numbers of *Broad-tailed Hummers* have lingered around my feeding
station, with at least 5 on 10/11 and at least 4 this morning 10/12. I
think one imm. make and 4 females. These are not late for my home area yet,
but the numbers are above average for the 2nd week of Oct.

David Suddjian
Ken Caryl Valley
Littleton, CO