Way to go, Steven!

(Gentle readers, consider filing this note in your "there he goes again"
section).

Vanderbilt Lake is an under-birded hotspot in the underbelly of Denver
County.
IF you have never seen a Blue Morph Ross's Goose, I'd urge you to look for
one there. You might have to walk
all of 20 feet from your parking spot to see the pond.
As most of you know, Blue Morph Ross's Goose is not common in Colorado.
I first learned that factoid from a mentor, Joe Himmel, who in his time
looked at a *lot *of geese in the Greeley area over many years,
never seeing one... until he did!
Joe was excited when he found his first Blue Morph Ross's in the early 90's.
(Might have been on Carbody Lake? Cant even find that on a map of North
Greeley today).

I consider myself lucky to have seen a Blue Ross's here and there, each
time fondly remembering Joe. The most memorable sighting was of
a half dozen in a pure flock of 200+ Ross's (NO Snow Geese among them) at
THE playa at Phillips CR s 2 & 29 aka Lake Linfield, aka, Peterson's Playa
on the Phillips-Yuma County border.

Reminiscing is great, just have to indulge in it some days. Joe Himmel was
the first recipient of CFO's coveted Lifetime Achievement Award.
In fact Tony Leukering conceived of the award in 2007 when it seemed to be
a great way to honor Joe, the first recipient.

Joe Roller, Denver