Our DFO outing out NE yesterday Nov 12 enjoyed a 1st cycle *Glaucous Gull *and
a *Long-tailed Duck* at Jumbo Reservoir, Logan Co side. A *Common Loon* was
on the Sedgwick side. The *Snow Geese* were gathered at Jumbo about 25,000
to 30,000 strong, and there were also *Ross's, Gr. White-fronted* (2) and*
Cackling and Canada. *

Prewitt Res. was dull. North Sterling Res had a lot of birds,
including a *Common
Loon*, but nothing unexpected. However, a mass movement of flocks of Snow
and Cacklers filled the sky with criss-crossing V's and other formations,
and the clamor of voices!

At Haxtun WTP in Phillips we saw a hybrid goose that we concluded was most
likely *Ross's x Cackling*. Some photos are on this checklist:
https://ebird.org/checklist/S61405088
Haxtun had a lot of birds, mostly geese, but a lot of birds gathered at
that little prairie magnet in a vast reach with so little such water
opportunities.

David Suddjian
Ken Caryl Valley
Littleton, CO