The 32nd Denver Urban Christmas count had, at the compilation dinner, recorded
84 species. (Average 83). We still have all the feeder counts and 4 or 5 of the
count sections left to report, so we probably will add to that total.
So far, of course, I don't have any numbers. However, on our section, Rocky
Mtn. Arsenal Natl.Wildlife Refuge, we had 33 species, the lowest number except
for two counts (1995, 1990).
Also the lowest number of birds, save for a flock of 1500 geese that flew over
at 2 in the afternoon. All species came in below average numbers except
Mallards and Green-winged Teal. We didn't do a roost count, so we can't really
compare the number of Bald Eagles to past counts.

Also, because of bison in the area, we couldn't walk the Homestead, which
typically produces birds we don't find in other places.

Hugh