Hi all

Another great weather day for "raptoring" on Saturday, this time on our
annual Colorado State University Field Ornithology club outing with a few
others. We saw a total of 57 raptors:

   - Golden Eagle - 6
   - Ferruginous Hawk - 7
   - UNID Buteo - 3
   - American Kestrel - 13
   - Prairie Falcon - 4
   - Bald Eagle - 6
   - Merlin - 2 (one I almost shrugged off as a kestrel as we went passed
   it IN the town of Pierce
   - Red-tailed Hawk - 11
   - Northern Harrier - 3
   - Rough-legged Hawk - 1
   - Great Horned Owl (on nest) - 1

Photos:
http://www.friendsofthepawneegrassland.org/profile/admin/action_id/2735

Other species: Lapland Longspur, Horned Lark, Western Meadowlark, Rock
Pigeon, Ring-necked Pheasant (group of 11!), House Sparrow, House Finch,
Eurasian-collared Dove.

Next Friends of PNG trip is the "Big 4 Lakes/Weld" -
http://www.friendsofthepawneegrassland.org/event/830/friends-of-the-png-field-trip-big-4-birding

Thanks, Gary Lefko, Nunn
http://www.friendsofthepawneegrassland.org/