A brief stop at the Cherry Creek SP Marina just before sunset yielded thousands
of gulls. The lighting was low, and I am not great with gull identification,
but I did pick out at least 5 lesser black backed gulls. Also present were
dozens of herring sized gulls, and one immature gull that appeared smaller than
the surrounding ring billed gulls. Last week I spotted two glaucous gulls which
may still be around. Those of you who have a bit more experience than I may
find it worth an early morning excursion to the park. I'm guessing once the
clouds clear and the weather warms up the flocks will disperse. If you do go,
please be cautious around others during this precarious time.