Hi all,

The past few days, my brother and I have extensively birded the Louisville
area in search of migrants grounded by the snowstorm. The following is a
brief summary of some of the more unusual species we encountered.

4/12: A pair of Ruby-crowned Kinglets, an FOY Myrtle Yellow-rumped Warbler,
three lingering juncos, a Barn Swallow, and many Mountain Bluebirds were
present at Louisville Reservoir in the driving snow. It was so frigid
outside that the kinglets were visibly shivering.

4/13: A Sage Thrasher made an appearance at Warembourg Open Space, as did
two Vesper Sparrows. A migratory flock of six Wilson's Snipe was a delight
to watch at the fishing pond, grounded by inclement weather. Nearby, the
Coal Creek riparian hosted several more snipe, bluebirds, and another
Vesper Sparrow. At Louisville Reservoir, my brother observed two Greater
Yellowlegs in addition to the continuing migrants there.

4/14: Three Cassin's Finch, only my second ever in Louisville, were at a
private feeding station in the downtown. I was beginning to doubt whether
any Cassin's had made it into far eastern Boulder County, but it appears
they have! Also, a Hermit Thrush made a brief showing along Coal Creek. And
at the cattle pond along Dillon Rd., a pair of avocets were nice to see.

Also, the Marbled Godwit from earlier this morning continues just NW of
Stearns Lake.

Good Birding,
Jack Bushong
Louisville, CO