I have expected to have Cassin's Finches at my feeders for the 15 years
that I have lived in my west Longmont home, and they finally found me!
Since last Saturday, 2 males and 6 females have been regular visitors
throughout the day.

A pair of nesting Great-Horned Owls in Willow Park (also west Longmont) has
2 fluffy chicks in it. The owls built the nest very close to the path and
to a bridge, so the City of Longmont has posted signs, asking people to
give the birds some distance. Both adults can regularly be seen close by.

The nest is about halfway from the barn at Willow Park and N 89th Street to
the west right next to the bridge. Best viewing is west of the nest. Just
be mindful to put some distance between you and the birds.