Been watching our feeders the past few days like our neighborhood Cooper's
Hawks to hopefully pick up at least a few Cassin's Finches joining the usual
crew of House Finches, chickadees, doves, Bushtits, flickers, jays, towhees,
RWBBs, ... (juncos have been gone for about a week now), but surprisingly no
luck given the huge numbers showing up at folks places during this
unprecedented irruption along the northern Front Range.  Well this morning (17
Apr.'20) while sitting on the back porch (SW Denver (Huston/Athmar Park),
Denver Co.) having coffee and enjoying the nice bluebird day, heard, then saw
three (3 - 1m, 2f) CASSIN'S FINCHes sitting atop a neighbor's maple.  They
stayed a few minute and then flew off to the east, but never came into the
feeders.  Based on my hard and fast Yard List rule of "if you can see or hear
it from your yard, or maybe chase it into your yard, then it counts", new yard
bird!!
In 45+ years of being interested in birds and birding in Colorado, I don't
recall this many Cassin's, in such large flocks, as are being documented this
Spring.  Please keep posting your Cassin's sightings, very fun to follow and
learn.

Cheers,DougDenver