Two weeks ago I posted about a great horned owl on last year’s red tailed
hawk nest on the Riverwalk Trail here in Canon City. I checked back last
week and the owl was still there, and yesterday I was able to see at least
one, possibly two owlets in the nest.  The parent had moved aside since the
temperature was high, and the owlet(s) were panting with the heat.
Laura Gorman
Canon City