I'm super excited to have seen a male Lazuli Bunting at my seed feeder this
afternoon, just long enough for me to grab binoculars and see it clearly
before it flew away.  I've never even seen one before!  The next bird that
visited was a female Red-Winged Blackbird which I've seen before but not
this season.  I have a few males all year long.  Since I didn't post
earlier, I also had my first ever female Bullock's Oriole 3 days in a row a
couple of days after putting out my orange feeder May 6, and it was the 3rd
year of hanging that feeder.  Since then House Finches come and go
regularly to eat the grape jelly.  A pair of House Wren's have been busy in
our front yard birdhouse for about two weeks. They're so fun to hear every
morning and watch when they flit around.
Martha, Arvada