Hi John!
That's interesting to hear...I'm subscribed to the Larimer RBA through
ebird, and as long as people report a checklist before a certain time each
day, it will appear in the next alert. Subscribing to the hourly alert is
the "safer" way to go, if you don't want to miss any reports throughout the
day. I don't know if sightings go into a "hopper" at all...what ends up
happening is that a rare bird report will show up on the RBA email, but
then it will be shown as an unconfirmed sighting. If a rare bird report is
confirmed, then the email will show that it is in all caps like this:
"CONFIRMED."
I've never encountered the problem of rare birds *not *making it onto the
RBA, but who knows--the ebird computers may still have a few bugs.
*The birds are happy, and so am I*
*~Caleb Alons, Larimer County*