There are two pairs of Spotted Towhees nesting in or near my Centennial
(Arapahoe County) yard.

One pair has been feeding a fledgling since at least May 21. I've
suspected, but hadn't confirmed that there were actually two fledglings.
Today, I saw both. They're now foraging on their own, chasing each other
away from food, and making long flights (for a towhee) across the yard. The
male will forage with them, though less so than over the past week. I
haven't seen him feed them recently, but all the birds spend a lot of time
under cover, so perhaps when that happens. I also haven't seen the two
fledglings do the towhee thing -- scraping. Perhaps this goes under under
the brush. Perhaps they can't do that yet?

I wonder if the female of the pair is now on a nest, as she's seemed scarce
lately.

As of yesterday, the other pair's female was still on her nest. She seems
to only ever be sitting directly east or west. Usually, it's the former.
This may be because the nest is most exposed in that direction. Or it could
be because the human who accidentally flushed her before knowing the nest
was there (me) came from that direction.

- Jared Del Rosso
Centennial, CO