We have been hearing a novel birdsong around Boulder, on the South Boulder
Creek trail and along the roadside of SH 170 to Eldorado Springs. “Peep peep
peep peep peep peep peep” all on one pitch: D# about an octave above Middle C;
with the “peeps” spaced about 1/4 second apart, or the 7-note phrase just under
2 seconds. Clear, loud. I pride myself on song recognition, but don’t know this
one. Help!

-- Margaret