Just knocking around hoping for fallout based on Bryan Guarente's comments
on wind shift the other day, we went East for more birds and fewer people.

We did see the Philadelphia Vireo at the visitors' center at Barr Lake, and
fyi, there is another out around mile marker three.  Also out back there
were Chipping Sparrows, 1 Townsend's and several Wilson's Warblers, 2
Cordilleran Flycatchers, a handful of Song Sparrows, many Am. Goldfinches
and Chickadees, etc.

Back at the Visitors' center picnic area we had a Hammond's Flycatcher as
well.

Out on the sand flats, shorebirds were few and distant-- Least and Baird's
Sandpipers.  Many Gulls, seemingly all Ring-billed and California, plus a
small handful of Franklins.  We didn't chase the Buff-breasted of the
Jaeger (we were actually hoping for Western Sandpipers, but no luck).
Several Avocets as well, all in winter plumage.

Last Chance (Washington County) was a bustling city of migrants.  Nothing
rare or unexpected, but lots of activity.  Dozens of Lark Sparrows, many
Wilson's Warblers, hundreds of Yellow-headed Blackbirds, 1 russet-backed
Swainson's Thrush, 1 Brown Thrasher, 1 Gray Catbird, some Western
Meadowlarks on the phone lines (there were none back at Barr Lake area), 1
Willow Flycatcher and 1 Eastern Phoebe, 1 Lincoln's Sparrow, many Barn
Swallows, etc.

The drive back was exceedingly smokey due to the wind change.  That plus
the precip should make Last Chance very interesting for fallout today and
tomorrow, I would imagine.

Dave Cameron
Denver