I just came across the Ferruginous Rough-leg nomenclature this past
weekend - I just got a copy of Charles Aiken's Birds of El Paso County from
1911 and it was there - I should share more from it sometime - lots of name
changes and species divisions and lumps that are different from now.

Diana Beatty
El Paso County

--

******

All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the
old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.