I saw a stellar’s jay at Cherry Creek Reservoir today.

Brenda Beatty

Sedalia, CO

From: cobirds@googlegroups.com <cobirds@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of Lesley
Brown
Sent: Wednesday, October 7, 2020 2:39 PM
To: Colorado Birds <cobirds@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [cobirds] New yard birds, Highlands Ranch, DougCo

We have seen a few new birds for our yard the last couple of weeks.  A flock of
pine siskins have been frequenting the seed feeder for last three days.  We've
never seen a flock of them before, only a single bird one time last year.  A
Wilson's warbler briefly landed on our lilac bushes but disappeared before I
could get it in the binocs, lol.  Last week we had several sightings of a lone
Lincoln's sparrow, and this week we've been visited by a White-crowned sparrow.

We are also seeing the usual Spotted towhees, bluejays, flickers, bushtits,
goldfinches, red-breasted nuthatches, chickadees, etc. The last hummingbird
sighting was Saturday, 10/3/2020, on the hummer feeder.

We are using patio mix bird seed and suet cakes.  I don't think we were using
the seed feeder at this time last year so that could be the reason for the new
birds in the yard.

Lesley Brown

Highlands Ranch

Douglas County