Yesterday at least 5 flocks of cranes flew over our house, most of them a mere
100, but one that spent 5 minutes swirling overhead had 650 in it. Today 3
flocks -- one seen with about 75 cranes.

And with the cold temperatures, we spent only 2 hours outside - late morning -
and didn't pick up any. Our coup for that walk: a Golden-crowned Kinglet that
we both saw clearly. Several flocks of Bushtits, and we have about a dozen
White-crowned Sparrows on our driveway & yard.

Hugh & Urling Kingery