My Sedge wren experience: I have seen and photographed 8 of 10 wren species
found in N. Am., six locally and 2 in Pueblo. The Sedge wren would have
been #9 (with #10 Cactus wren unlikely for here.) I was excited for the
possibility of a lifer sighting locally. The drive, ugh. Upon arrival I
found 20 (counted) humans standing in a circle about the size of my living
room with the alleged wren supposedly in the grass in the middle of this
circle of humanity. All but 2 could have been holding hands. No distancing,
not all were masked. I stayed about 1 minute, long enough to figure out I
didnt want the sighting that badly for multiple reasons. I would very much
liked to have seen this bird, but not under these circumstances.
    The posting of rare birds is a double-edged sword that must be wielded
carefully. If a rare bird gets posted it's gonna get mobbed. I dont have a
solution except for maybe a little self-restraint.
   Bil Ford
   Lakewood, Colo.