On Sunday, October 18, 2020 at 10:39:29 PM UTC-6 pato... wrote:

> This morning, Sunday Oct. 18, I had a first eBird record of a
> White-throated Sparrow in the four Denver City Park hotspots outside of the
> Denver Zoo.
> It was in a loose flock of sparrows, juncos and chickadees that flew over
> the zoo fence, so it was actually in both places.
> And BTW, YOU had the last previous WTSP sighting in the zoo back in
> February 2016.

On the occasion of Super Bowl 50, no less!

Protip: The best time to visit the zoo is when the home team is in the
Super Bowl. The staff felt so bad for us, they gave us free rein of the
entire facility. It was an unforgettable experience, with some pretty
amazing birds and wildlife:

https://blog.aba.org/2016/03/birding-at-the-zoo.html

Ted Floyd
Lafayette, Boulder County

P. s. Another protip: Might have to wait a few more years before the home
team is in the Super Bowl...