Birders,

This Thursday, Nov 12th, the State Land Board (SLB)will be voting on what
"uses" will be allowed at Chico Basin Ranch when the lease expires in 2024.

The SLB is recommending that birding and/or bird-banding be handled via a
"layered lease" that Aiken Audubon or a similar organization would hold.
This would be financially out of range for us, as well as virtually
impossible to manage.

If you'd like to see birding, bird-banding and/or K-12 education continue
at Chico, *please write the SLB by 12:00 noon this Wednesday Nov 11th*, and
ask that they be "recommended" uses. We're suggesting that birders, as a
group, be allowed to work directly with the future lessee(s) to access the
ranch, rather than hold a layered lease.

You may comment online at:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdHLoANsTkJyomSRsPJm5aNH5EA-2sA8h7RlM8Df_ESURzjSQ/viewform

For any further information, feel free to contact me; and thank you for
your support of this remarkable property.

Linda Hodges
Conservation Chair
Aiken Audubon, Colorado Springs