Haven't birded much and have mostly been watching my Centennial (Arapahoe
Co.) yard. A trio of Lesser Goldfinches have been regular over the past
week or so. It's largely because I hung a thistle feeder this year. (I
don't usually.) But I've also seen the birds visiting the Green Rabbitbrush
bushes in the back of my yard. I didn't cut the stems and seeds down this
year. I'll pay for this next year with new seedlings. But for now, it's
nice to see the birds on plants and not just the feeders...

Dark-eyed Juncos, meanwhile, seem to spend a lot of time on the ground near
Rocky Mountain Bee Plant, though I can't be sure they're going after its
seed, as there are also seedy sunflowers, flaxes, and penstemons nearby.

- Jared Del Rosso
Centennial, CO