Interesting to read Jeff's report about dippers singing on the Big Thompson
river.Later this afternoon, as we were returning to the parking lot at South
Platte park, we watched the American Dipper that frequents the river under the
C470 bridge.  After watching it pick at insects and an old Starbucks cup
wrapper, the dipper started spontaneously singing it's beautiful song, which
raised our curiosity.  According to David Sibley's Guide to Bird Life and
Behavior, both sexes of Dippers sing all year long, with a peak early in
breeding season. Song establishes breeding territories in the spring, and
winter territories in the fall and winter.  Fun to know!Cheryl Teuton Aurora