Just a bit more background on this situation in case anyone is interested.
I live pretty close to where the incidents happened.

At least three groups of people have had a GHO swoop down at them after
sunset in residential neighborhoods.  In at least two cases, the owl hit a
child in the head hard enough to cause deep scratches or punctures.  As I
understand it, all of the groups of people were aware of the owl's presence
prior to it swooping, and my impression is that in some cases they were
observing it from 100 feet or less.

These incidents happened over about a 10 day period.  Two were in the same
neighborhood but one was over 500m away.  Not sure if it's the same owl in
all cases.

Thanks for everyone's feedback both here and on the CFO FB page.  I think a
common theme is that it is important to educate residents about the need to
respect raptors' space, especially when the birds are in territorial mode.
Just like we (or at least some of us!) have learned to respect the coyotes
that share our suburban areas.

Peter Ruprecht
Superior