Thanks for all the comments!  I've also has some off-line emails about
this.  A couple of those have said this is not a band style used by
falconers.

The most promising lead says that raptors get relocated from DIA, and are
marked with bands like this.  This is done by the USDA, and I will try to
contact them for confirmation.

Stephen Price
Longmont, CO