Thank you. My mother usually puts out birdseed and suet in the winter, but
in this last storm she ran out and couldn't restock, but still wanted to
put something out for the birds. She thought it would be okay this once to
give them dry rice and oatmeal that she had in her pantry. I did find that
article from Cornell, which made me feel better.

Cheers!
Mikele Painter, Lakewood