This afternoon at my home in Fort Collins I was watching a flock of 30 or
so tree swallows flying far over my back yard, several hundred feet high,
when hail started falling all around me. A second or two later the swallows
dove, as a group, in a straight line at full speed. Fast! When they were
just 50 feet off the ground they banked hard and disappeared into a large
spruce. They sheltered there until the hail stopped.

John Shenot
Fort Collins, CO