Hi all

The Friends of the Pawnee National Grassland challenge team garnered 106
species for the day. Highlights are:

   - American Redstart (Lone Tree Creek at CR 110) not refound on Sun. AM
   - Red-necked Phalarope, Whimbrel (Crom Lake) Sat. PM and Sun. AM still
   there
   - 14 Ducks, Geese, and Swan species
   - Mountain Plover (two wading about in Hwy 77/CR 116 playa)
   - 15 Stilts and Avocet, Sandpipers, Phalaropes, Ibises species
   - Marbled Godwit
   - Merlin, Peregrine Falcon, Hairy Woodpecker, Townsend's Solitaire (Crow
   Valley Campground)
   - 5 swallow species
   - Both longspurs
   - Wilson's Warbler (Cozzens Lake)

Cool (and in this next case uncool) trip happenings included my car
overheating :-(, horrendous winds 20-25mph (but we managed), two adult Bald
Eagles trying to take a American White Pelican riding white caps at Crom
Lake. It was awesome to watch the eagles would hover and drop in the fierce
winds right above pelican and the pelican managing to defend himself by
using his foot to fend off the would be attackers. Attack lasted about 10
minutes(?).

Photos coming soon.

Thanks, Gary Lefko, Nunn
http://www.friendsofthepawneegrassland.org/