All,
The toughest part of a green big year is finding time to write up the
stories!

On May 4, Joey Kellner and I had a great morning of birding. After we
headed in opposite directions, I found an American Bittern at Chatfield SP
(Douglas Co, and oh so close to Jefferson Co). Here's a little tale of the
other birds we had that morning.
https://jrmemorialgreenbigyear.blogspot.com/2021/05/an-unexpectedly-amazing-morning-that.html

A post about the Green Big Day that Chris Rurik and I did on Friday is
coming soon (I promise).

Lastly, please consider a pledge or donation to support the Joe Roller
Memorial Research Grant! Click the link (scroll to the bottom). All funds
support bird research in Colorado. We are getting closer to raising
*$30,000* to support the next generation of ornithologists (once I get to
250 species, of course). It's never too late to pledge or donate!
https://cobirds.org/CFO/Grants/

Thank you,
Scott Somershoe
Littleton CO
Joe Roller Memorial Green Big Year 2021 blog
<https://jrmemorialgreenbigyear.blogspot.com/>