Hi all,

I am a Master's Student at CSU Pueblo where I study Cassin's Sparrows. I do
my research at a restricted army base called Pueblo Chemical Depot in
Eastern Pueblo County. I believe a birder may have tried to access this
site as I just got a call from someone there asking me to stop posting
photos on my eBird lists. I did report a Short-eared Owl(flagged) and
posted some photos of Wilson's Phalaropes on eBird that may have caught
someone's attention

Just a reminder there is no public access to this army base. CSUP has been
doing research out there for years and we already have pre arranged access.
You will get pulled over, turned around, and worse case scenario arrested
for trying to access the base if you were to try anything crazy.

Though I wish I could share the birds I find out there everyday on CObirds
and with locals, I refrain myself due to the strict access.

Thank you and happy birding,
-Edward Landi