Hey COBirders,

Things have been kind of slow for banding at Clear Spring Ranch, with 18 birds
Thursday and only 16 on Friday. A few have been migrants, like MacGillivray’s
and Wilson’s Warblers, Swainson’s Thrush, and a few flycatchers, but most
appear to be settling in for local nesting attempts.

One obvious difference was a Northern Parula banded this morning (SY M), FOY
and my first banded ever. (photo below)  A real nice surprise!
Also banded, often seen, but rarely caught, an Eastern Kingbird (Ad F), part of
a pair that have visited the area daily for a couple of weeks.

I usually close up banding activity at CSR around 6/1, but with the apparent
lateness of migration for many species this month, I thought I might  stay open
a little longer to see what happens. Maybe after the last two days I'm getting
the answer!

Have a safe weekend,
Steve Brown
Colo Spgs