Hi Everyone,

Today 8/28 I led a CFO shorebird workshop to sites around Longmont,
including Lagerman Reservoir, Little Gaynor Lake, Ish Reservoir, and Union
Reservoir. We found a Pectoral Sandpiper at Little Gaynor, a Forster's Tern
at Union, continuing Redhead and Ring-necked Duck at Lagerman, migrating
Chipping Sparrows at Ish. Water levels at Ish and Union are still very high.
Union Reservoir has no shoreline, Ish a lot less than usual. Little Gaynor
Lake is aromatic with anerobic bacteria, but the shorebirds didn't seem to
mind. There were Am Avocet, Least, and Baird's along with the Pectoral. We
enjoyed great views of Western Grebes transporting chicks on their backs at
Union. Rough count came to 200. There were at least two Clark's Grebes with
them.

Mark Miller

Longmont, CO