Hi

I remember years ago being in central Mexico, late winter-early spring, where
enormous flocks of Yellow-headed Blackbirds wintered. The spectacle was made
even more dramatic, because of the tendency of blackbirds to separate into
same sex flocks. So image a huge flock, containing many thousands of male
Yellow-headed Blackbirds all swooping and swerving, with the flock size
constantly shifting and re-formulating  in size. From a distant a flock can
appear like a huge yellow ball, because of the dominate coloration of the
yellow on head of males. It’s is a visualization that I’ll never forget.

Bob Righter
Denver, CO