Hey, all.

Moments ago this sunny Tues., Apr. 19, I saw and heard a *Bewick wren* in
the tangles along the north shore of Waneka Lake, Boulder County.

I was out on a run, and didn't have a camera. But I got some cellphone
audio of the bird.

I'm not terribly hopeful about the prospects for refinding this bird. It
emerged from the tangles at the extreme southeast corner of Greenlee
Preserve, then worked eastward relatively briskly in the thin shrubbery and
cottonwood trunks along and east of the "beach" on the north shore of
Waneka Lake. What I'm saying is, The bird seemed to me to be on the move.
But who knows! If you can conveniently get to the spot, it might be worth
some searching.

At least one *white-throated sparrow* was singing at the nearby Greenlee
feeders.

A few more local notes: Yesterday, Mon., Apr. 18, a first-of-season *solitary
sandpiper* had joined the killdeers, avocets, and yellowlegses at Greenlee
Preserve, and I saw and heard three unexpected *evening grosbeaks* flying
north over the Walmart SuperCenter in Lafayette. Go figure.

Ted Floyd
Lafayette, Boulder County