*Flies, Bees, and Spiders, Oh My!*

Join us *Tuesday, May 24* to learn about some species of exquisite insects
and bugs that we often take for granted: wasps, flies, beetles, bees, and
spiders among others. Guided by Scott Severs, we’ll learn their ecological
roles and where to find them. We’ll also spend a little time on photography
tips and tricks that bring out their natural beauty.

Scott Severs is the senior wildlife biologist for the City of Longmont
Parks, Open Space, and Trails, implementing the goals of conservation in
the City’s wildlife management plan. He has previously collected avian data
for wind and solar projects, as well as the primary bird distribution data
for Soapstone Ranch Open Space in Fort Collins. In the summertime he can be
found photographing beautiful insects along a trail.

*When*: Tuesday, May 24, 7:15 - 8:45 pm

*Where*: Online via Zoom. The meeting link will be provided *here*
<https://www.boulderaudubon.org/all-events/the-other-bugs> the day of the
event. We encourage you to join the meeting a few minutes early to avoid
any technical difficulties.

*Visit our YouTube channel
<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOJfgyHMhKZz7EdmiI2zP1Q/videos> to view
videos of previous BCAS programs*