Wilson's Warbler and Western Wood-Pewee made up the bulk of the catch today
at the banding station. An early fall migrant the Blue Grosbeak made a
visit to our nets. I thought they might be all gone. I have not heard or
seen any Bullock's Orioles lately which are early migrants as well. Eleven
bird species were captured.
*33 New Birds*
Wilson's Warbler -10
Western Flycatcher -1
Dusky Flycatcher -2
Western Wood-Pewee -7
House Wren -1
Blue Grosbeak -2
Western Tanager -2
Gray Catbird -2
Brown Thrasher -4
American Robin -2

*2 Recaptures*
American Redstart
Wilson's Warbler

The Chico Basin Ranch Banding Station is operated Monday - Saturday through
September 29th. Depending on the weather, banding will conclude around
11:30 AM. Come visit the Ranch to see what is migrating through the area
and stop by the banding station.

Julie Shieldcastle, Bander
Chico Basin Ranch
Bird Conservancy of the Rockies