I was curious, and while adding up the number of actual birds is a bit
tedious, eBird does give a useful measure of annual Buff-breasted abundance
with the graph showing high counts for the species. Looking at all of CO, I
list below the weekly high counts in eBird for the years 2015 - 2022. Only
one week had a double digit high count (15 in 2016) and all other weeks had
high counts of 4 or less, and mostly 1-2 birds. But so far this year
September had a week exceeding that with a high of 5 this week.
I've pasted the summary below. Again it is weekly *high counts* listed, not
the number of different records or individuals.

[image: Screenshot (111).png]

David Suddjian
Ken Caryl Valley,
Littleton, CO