Fire and rain and almost no birds was the story of yesterday.

We arrived at the station to find that someone or something had started a
fire on the wood platform where we process birds and do our education
programs.  Luckily the rare three days of moisture prevented the fire from
causing too much damage, but the platform is unusable.  If you visit, just
walk down the steps from the platform (the damaged area is taped off) and
you will find us set up down below.

The same rain that likely prevented the fire from spreading has kept bird
movement low.  We were open for about three hours before the rain started
again, and only caught 5 new birds and 5 recaps.  Here are the 5 new ones:

Hermit Thrush 1
Spotted Towhee 1
Song Sparrow 1
White-crowned Sparrow, Gambel's 2

Hoping for a little more normal day tomorrow after our day off today!

If you'd like to enjoy fall birds up close and personal, please come
visit!  You do need a reservation - just click here
<https://campscui.active.com/orgs/BirdConservancyoftheRockies#/selectSessions/3179740>!
 we
are offering one-hour slots (up to 15 visitors at a time) from 7:30-8:30
most weekdays (closed Mondays), and 8-9, 9-10, and 10-11 on weekends.

Meredith McBurney
Bander, Barr Lake Station
Bird Conservancy of the Rockies