If anyone read my last post about Yellow Crowned Night Heron, I now know
why I don't post on bird sites.... I need to eat some humble pie.

The photo I had posted was eating at me and I thought it couldn't be true
that a YCNH was just hanging out at Wash Park.  It seemed improbable, and
as I rode around on my bike for about 15 minutes I became more sure of
this.  There are so many dogs off leashes and virtually no good habitat for
this type of bird.

Thanks to google images being searchable I decided I needed to do some more
detective work.  Sadly, I found the photo from a posting somewhere else.  I
guess I should take it as a compliment that my students are thinking about
birds enough to spend some time looking up a rare bird to play a joke on
me.

Oh my, I'm very sorry if anyone looked for it, but I do take solace in the
fact that Washington was an enjoyable place to be this afternoon, and
hopefully someone gets a good laugh out of this.

Cheers,

Nate Bond
Denver