A strange morning - We caught 20 of today's 27 new birds (~75%) in 5 (20%)
of our nets, and all in the 2nd half of the morning.  These 5 nets are to
the south/left as you walk out past the front nets into the smartweed (for
those who know the station).  This highly mixed flock (every species except
the WEWP was caught there) hung around the area for our final 2 hours.
Surprise of the morning was an early Yellow-rumped Warbler (Myrtle).  Here
are the 27 new birds of the day:

Western Wood-Pewee 1
Warbling Vireo 1
Red-breasted Nuthatch 1
House Wren 2
Orange-crowned Warbler 2
Yellow Warbler 1
Yellow-rumped Warbler, Myrtle 1
MacGillivray's Warbler 1
Wilson's Warbler 17

For anyone thinking about a last-minute birding outing tomorrow morning,
our 7:30-8:30 visitor slot is part of a Denver Field Ornithologists field
trip to Barr Lake, led by banding volunteer and great birding guide Charlie
Chase.  In addition to the visit to the banding station, there will be a
walk around the area - think egrets, herons, shore birds, bald eagles,
peregrine, etc.  I believe there are a few spaces left - go to the DFO
website to sign up!

Except for tomorrow (and for that see above!), if you would like to visit,
we have one-hour slots (up to 15 visitors at a time) from 7:30-8:30 most
weekday mornings (Tues-Fri, we are closed on Mon) and 8, 9 , and 10 a.m.
one-hour time slots on the weekends.  Click here
<https://campscui.active.com/orgs/BirdConservancyoftheRockies#/selectSessions/3294337>
make a reservation.

Meredith McBurney
Bander, Barr Lake Station