On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 1:26 PM, Julia Lawall <julia.law...@lip6.fr> wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Oct 2015, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to build coccinelle to use on opensuse for a cocci file
>> with iteration support. I'm using the latest and greatest (inria git).
>>
>> After ./autogen and and then configuring with --enable-release:
>>
>> configure flags:  --enable-release
>> findlib:          /usr/bin/ocamlfind (an actual version is strongly
>> recommended)
>> menhir:           /usr/local/bin//menhir (should be an optional tool)
>> menhirLib module: yes (for local package use --disable-menhirLib)
>>
>> ocaml scripting:  yes (overridable with --enable-ocaml)
>> python scripting: yes (overridable with --enable-python)
>> pycaml module:    local (for local package use --disable-pycaml)
>>
>> pcre regexes:     local (overridable with --enable-pcre-syntax)
>> pcre module:      local (for local package use --disable-pcre)
>> pcre library:     yes (requires the dev version of libpcre)
>>
>> release config:   yes (strongly recommended to be 'yes', overridable
>> with --enable-release)
>> optimized spatch: yes (overridable with --disable-opt)
>>
>> My build fails with:
>>
>> /usr/bin/ocamlopt.opt -unsafe -I ../commons -I ../commons/ocamlextra
>> -I ../globals -I /usr/lib64/ocaml/menhirLib -c parser_cocci_menhir.ml
>> File "parser_cocci_menhir.ml", line 1:
>> Error: The files /usr/lib64/ocaml/obj.cmi
>>        and /usr/lib64/ocaml/menhirLib/menhirLib.cmi
>>        make inconsistent assumptions over interface Obj
>
> Try make clean, or make distclean.  If you had a build without ocaml, you
> may have some old code lying around.

Instead of 'make clean' or 'make distclean' I do:

git clean -f -x -d

Its faster than 'make clean' but caution: this will delete *anything*
from your tree that is *not* in a git record, so watch out. Only try
this on a repo you don't care about.

Even if I try make distclean things still fail, as suspected. I've
tried all combination all around with distclean, clean etc.

mcgrof@ergon ~/devel/coccinelle (git::master)$ rpm -qa | grep ocaml
ocaml-ocamldoc-4.02.3-1.1.x86_64
ocaml-runtime-4.02.3-1.1.x86_64
ocaml-camlp4-devel-4.02.1-1.5.x86_64