Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response.

Luis R. Rodriguez (2015/10/22 15:18 +0200):

> > >How does the script
> > >"https://github.com/coccinelle/coccinelle/blob/a46bef70162d17cec6b0fc6101d737989f735ee4/autogen";
> > >fit to your view?
> >
> > 1. Running `aclocal; autoconf` is not enough. I spot a Makefile.am
> > in the source tree, so you more or less need `autoreconf -fi`
> > instead in the "autogen" script.

Well, the Makefile.am is indeed present but not actually used so are you
really sure the change you suggest is required?

Is there any specific problem you are trying to solve with the current
code?

> > 2. My point was that autogen / aclocal / autoconf / etc.
> > only needs to be run if there is no "configure" script present.
> > Because there is a configure script in the released tarballs
> > (at least there was so far), there is no need for coccinelle.spec to run
> > autogen. And if autogen/aclocal/autoconf/etc. is not run, we do not need to
> > BuildRequire it.
>
> The latest tarballs do not require it but the next releases will, so configure
> will not be carried, so this was more of a heads up note / pro-active
> patch.

Well, so far my idea was to not provide configure in a public coccinelle
repository but to provide it in tarballs, following an approach which I
believe is common to many open-source projects, i.e. not
version-controlling any generated file but still distribute them in tarballs.

Sébastien.