>>> No.
>>
>> Would the quoted information be irrelevant then for the discussed use case?
>
> No idea what the above means.

It seems that there is another communication difficulty involved.

Your feedback indicated concerns for the handling of loops
in the shown source code search results, didn't it?

> There are control flow paths that cause ... to connect things.

I guess that these “connections” need further clarifications.

> The process of matching doesn't know if the connection is due to a loop,
> and if, a goto, or anything else.

Should two search specifications (with SmPL ellipses) between them
be kept separate for the desired diff output?

Regards,
Markus