> The when any's allow any possible match.

I agree to this technical aspect.

> There are three calls to foo so three possible matches.

I find that this possibility does not require to repeat the evaluation
for the complete OCaml script rule.
I would find a possible repetition eventually reasonable for the SmPL code
between the ellipses.
But I would interpret the code “\(foo@c3();\&S@c4\)” in the way
that it should match only one function call with the expected comment
combination
in this test finally.

>> How is the situation treated that a comment is between two executable
>> statements?
>
> What is between two statements is after the first one

There is an usual before-after relationship.

> sad before the second one.

  ???

> Any comments will be in the after list of the first
> and the before list of the second.

Does this feedback mean that such a comment should identically appear
in two lists from different attributes?

Regards,
Markus