Markus Elfring <markus.elfr...@web.de> writes:

>>> * How many software implementations use identical type definitions
>>>   and function-like macros?
>>
>> I don't know.
>
> Can it become interesting to find more about such usage patterns out?

Rule of thumb: for every user reporting an issue, there are several more
suffering quietly.  How many more?  I don't know.

A better estimate of how widespread such use is might be useful, but I
can't provide one.

>> For what it's worth, it's valid C.  Unless I'm mistaken,
>> Coccinelle tries to support as much of C as it possibly can.
>
> How do you think about limitations for corresponding software
> development resources?
>

>> The QEMU project can certainly work around this Coccinelle
>> bug / restriction.
>
> Which adjustments will be chosen?

Rename either the typedef or the macro.  More complicated than it
sounds, because both conform to naming conventions.

>>> * How will the evolution be continued around Coccinelle?
>>
>> Is this a question about Coccinelle's future?
>
> Yes, of course.
>
> Are we trying to influence further development anyhow?

I'm trying to help the Coccinelle project by reporting an issue, no
more, no less :)