On Thu, 5 Nov 2020, Markus Elfring wrote:

> Hello,
>
> The coding style specification for C programs in GNOME contains also
> the following information.
> https://developer.gnome.org/programming-guidelines/stable/c-coding-style.html.en#whitespace
>
> “…
> Always put a space before an opening parenthesis but never after:
> …”
>

> How good can the semantic patch language support such a requirement
> (also for function declarations and corresponding calls) directly?
>
> See also a related feature request once more:
> Make change influence configurable for coding style rules
> https://github.com/coccinelle/coccinelle/issues/37

If you want to check for such properties, you can use position variables.
If you want to ensure that your generated code has such properties, you
can use the argument --smpl-spacing.  If you want something more, you are
welcome to implement it.  We only focus on the coding style of the Linux
kernel.

julia