New Message on cochindotnet

From: DotNetJerome
Message 3 in Discussion

Hi,   X-copy is one of the delpoyment goal of .NET, but it needs the framework has to
run in the trageted server. Make sure you have your .NET runtime files are there in
your remote server. Then you can execute the following commnad line command with
necessary options as explained below.   C:\>XCOPY  (your source project directory
path)  (your destination directory path) /E /K /R /O /H /I   / E - This option copies
directories, subdirectories, and files of the source argument, including empty ones.
/ K - This option allows you to retain all the existing file and folder attributes.
When you use XCOPY to copy files or a directory tree structure, XCOPY strips off file
attributes by default. For example, if a file had the read-only attribute set, that
attribute would be lost after the file is copied. To retain the original attributes
with the copied files, you must use the / K parameter.
/ R - This option overwrites files marked as read only.
/ O - This option preserves all security-related permission ACLs of the file and
folders.
/ H - This option copies both hidden and system files.
/ I - This option tells XCOPY to assume that the destination is a directory and create
it if it does not already exist.   (For the full list of options available for xcopy
comaand type xcopy /? in command prompt)   - Jerome

To stop getting this e-mail, or change how often it arrives, go to your E-mail
Settings.
http://groups.msn.com/cochindotnet/_emailsettings.msnw

Need help? If you've forgotten your password, please go to Passport Member Services.
http://groups.msn.com/_passportredir.msnw?ppmprop=help

For other questions or feedback, go to our Contact Us page.
http://groups.msn.com/contact

If you do not want to receive future e-mail from this MSN group, or if you received
this message by mistake, please click the "Remove" link below. On the pre-addressed
e-mail message that opens, simply click "Send". Your e-mail address will be deleted
from this group's mailing list.
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]