New Message on cochindotnet

From: Amit_Bansal_PWI
Message 1 in Discussion

Hi Friends,
Many of you already know that I am at TechED in Orlando. There is a wonderful
opportunity that I have got here and you all can be a part of that. I am going
to meet the SQL Server product development team from Microsoft on Friday. Many
of them are already here and some are coming from Redmond on Friday. I am going
to have a one-to-one discussion with the guys who have built the product. That
includes the program managers, project managers and the team leads amongst
others.
You all can now post your questions on SQL Server to me and I will try to get
answers for all of you. You can post questions on SQL Server 2000, 2005 and the
upcoming SQL Server 2008 code named ‘Katmai’. I request you to ask conceptual
questions and not ‘How To’s’.
For example, you can ask questions like ‘why can’t we create an index only on a
single partition of a table’? Conceptual questions that will make you
understand the internals. Please do not ask questions like ‘How to setup
Database Mirroring?’ or similar stuff. Because, answers to these questions are
available at a number of places including Books online. However, if you are
sure that answer to a particular question is not available in books online,
then do post  it. I am trying to restrict How Tos and encouraging more
conceptual questions because I will have limited time with the product guys and
I already have questions piling up.
Friends, this is a wonderful opportunity for you to get your answers straight
from the product guys at Microsoft. Don’t miss the opportunity. I am
representing the Indian IT community here and I am proud of the fact that I can
get lots of stuff back to India including this QA. I am also going to conduct
sessions on SQL Server 2005 and Katmai for all user groups in India. I also
plan to organize SQL Server specific events. That would be my way of
contributing to the community from which I have come ?<o:p></o:p>
So, how and where do you post the question?
1.    Please become a member of my user group at
http://groups.msn.com/PeoplewareIndia
2.    If you are a trainer, you can also become a member of
http://groups.msn.com/TrainTheTrainer
3.    You can use your existing .NET passport a/c.
4.    Post the question.
I am requesting you to become a member so that I have all the questions at a
central place and answering them becomes easy.
I am meeting Sira, Christian, Sanjay, Paul and many other product group guys. I
have also met Kimberly Trip, whose labs I have used for many of my SQL Server
sessions in India. She will also be there to answer my questions.
So, please become a member immediately and post your question. First come,
first serve ?<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
I request the group managers to get in touch with me at [EMAIL PROTECTED] so
that I can conduct a few sessions for the user groups on SQL Server 2005 and
Katmai based on what I do at TechED.
Those who want to know more about me, you can visit
www.peoplewareindia.com/aboutamit.htm
You can also subscribe to my blog at http://ABwrites.blogspot.com
<o:p> </o:p>
Keep smiling. Cheers.
Amit Bansal
<o:p> </o:p>

To stop getting this e-mail, or change how often it arrives, go to your E-mail
Settings.
http://groups.msn.com/CochinDotNet/_emailsettings.msnw

Need help? If you've forgotten your password, please go to Passport Member
Services.
http://groups.msn.com/_passportredir.msnw?ppmprop=help

For other questions or feedback, go to our Contact Us page.
http://groups.msn.com/contact

If you do not want to receive future e-mail from this MSN group, or if you
received this message by mistake, please click the "Remove" link below. On the
pre-addressed e-mail message that opens, simply click "Send". Your e-mail
address will be deleted from this group's mailing list.
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]